Tourism License Plates
Promote Missouri as one of the top travel destinations in the United States by purchasing a Missouri Tourism License Plate. Click here to download a license plate application.
How This Plate Design Was Developed:
- The blue depiction of the Gateway Arch represents the single-most identifiable icon of Missouri.
- The red Katy Trail logo represents the first rails-to-trails project and signifies all the communities along Missouri’s Central Corridor from St. Charles to Clinton.
- The idea for a transcontinental highway from Chicago to California was conceived in Springfield, the birthplace of Historic Route 66. The Route 66 sign signifies all the communities from St. Louis to Joplin as the highway stretches diagonally across the state.
- The yellow saxophone represents Kansas City and Missouri’s musical heritage as the birthplace of ragtime music.
- The fiddle represents Branson and its musical attractions.
- The Pony Express represents St. Joseph in Northwest Missouri, where riders began their 10-day journey carrying the mail from Missouri to Sacramento, California.
- The riverboat (created by Washington, MO artist Gary Lucy) represents both the Mississippi and Missouri Rivers, both of which played vital roles in our country’s expansion.
Funds from the purchase of the Missouri Tourism License Plates helps finance Missouri Travel Council tourism education and travel marketing programs. Order your Tourism License Plates today!