You have questions, we have answers! Below are some of the most frequently asked questions about MGTE.
1. When is the 2022 conference? The 2022 Missouri Group Travel Exchange will be May 6-8 for planners and May 7-8 for suppliers at The Lodge of the Four Seasons Golf Resort, Marina, and Spa in Lake Ozark, MO.
2. This is my first Missouri Group Travel Exchange. What do I need to know to be prepared? This is a relationship business and while the 6-minute appointments are important, be sure and take full advantage of the networking opportunities afforded to you. If there is a particular planner with whom you don’t have an appointment and wish and introduction please let Glenda Kerr know and one of the committee members will execute an introduction. For your appointments, the best tool is a portfolio or notebook, which contains pictures of your destination or company, group rates and other vital information on your business. If you represent a hotel or restaurant, include pictures of nearby attractions to give the planner additional reasons to use your property. Lastly, do your homework. Research all the planners to find out which ones are already coming to your business or destination so you can address them accordingly.
3. I’m a planner. When should I arrive at the conference? Unless you are participating in the pre-FAM, you should plan to be at the host hotel by Monday, May 6th for the 2:30 p.m. workshop/seminar
4. I’m a supplier. When should I arrive at the conference? Your arrival will be impacted by when your Exchange appointments are scheduled. Even if you are scheduled for Wednesday, you may want to arrive early to participate in Tuesday’s networking reception and dinner.
5. What should I wear? Business casual is appropriate conference attire. Casual attire is appropriate for the Planner City Tour and Monday evening planner event.
6. I am a supplier. May I bring my spouse/friend/companion/co-worker to a certain event? No. To maintain a positive planner to supplier ratio and allow for maximum networking, no guest or associate registrations or meal tickets are available. Meal function sponsors are allowed additional guests/associates and those
numbers are outlined in the sponsorship.
7. I am a planner. May I bring my spouse/friend/companion/co-worker to a certain event? Advance notification is required and there is a fee. Contact Glenda Kerr at MOGroupTravelExchange@gmail.com for specifics.
8. I am a tour operator. May I register a delegate as a planner and another as a supplier? Yes, however the supplier may not attend scheduled planner only events, meal functions, or the city tour.
9. Did you get my registration? Each year, Glenda Kerr emails out confirmations to all registered delegates when your registration is processed. This confirmation is your notification that your registration is received. Please Note: Registration will not be confirmed until registration and payment has been paid in full.
10. How do I make a change? Email your changes to Glenda Kerr at MOGroupTravelExchange@gmail.com.
11. May I get a list of who is attending? A list of attendee companies will be provided approximately a week prior to conference with your chart of appointments. A full printed attendees list with contact information will be included in your registration packet.
12. What may I distribute at my appointments and what is a profile form? As outlined in the registration materials only a business card and single page, 2-sided, 3-hole punched profile sheet may be distributed during appointments. Gifts, brochures, etc. should be sent as follow-up.
13. What will the length of my appointments be? Each appointment is 6 minutes.
14. What is the appointment format? In 2019, we will introduce a Round Robin/Speed Dating style format to MO Group Travel Exchange. Once registration has concluded, each delegate will be assigned a delegate identification number, and a chart will be created to maximize number of appointments. (Due to the format
change, all supplier delegates are encouraged to attend one of the Orientation sessions on Tuesday. Please refer to FAQ #20 for Orientation schedule).
15. When will I get my appointment schedule? You will be provided with the chart of scheduled Round Robin/Speed Dating appointments via email at least a week prior to the conference. A hard copy will also be in your registration packet.
16. Will I have pre-scheduled appointments?
Suppliers: All suppliers will have pre-scheduled appointments via the Round Table/Speed Dating chart on either Tuesday or Wednesday. Please note there is no guaranteed number of appointments. However, there are ample networking opportunities to meet with all planners.
Planners: During the conference, you will participate in two Exchange sessions. Theses sessions are your opportunity to meet one-on-one with travel industry suppliers. You will be involved in both Exchange sessions, while suppliers are assigned to just one session, depending on the type of business they represent or where they’re from. Tuesday Exchange #1 suppliers will have registration numbers such as 100, while Wednesday Exchange #2 will have numbers such as 200.
To maximize the success of our conference, planners are respectfully reminded; a delegate is expected to participate in the entire conference including taking their own set of Marketplace Exchange appointments.
17. How do I get a booth? Sponsors will have a tabletop during the Tuesday evening networking reception. Please contact Glenda Kerr for more information.
18. I’m a supplier, can I be on the Exchange Floor both days? No. Each supplier is assigned to one Exchange day, either Tuesday or Wednesday. If you are still unsure of your assigned day, please contact Glenda. To be fair to your fellow suppliers, you will only be allowed in the Exchange meeting room during your assigned Exchange appointment day. Please do not ask for an exception.
19. I am a supplier, am I allowed to attend meal functions? Yes! All suppliers are invited to attend the Tuesday evening networking reception, Tuesday evening dinner, Wednesday breakfast, and Wednesday closing lunch.
20. What is the Planner Roundtable? Held Tuesday from 8:15 a.m. – 9:30 a.m. this is an opportunity for planners to discuss issues facing them. This session is open to planners only.
21. Is there an education session for Suppliers? There will be two orientation sessions held on Tuesday at 1:00 p.m. and repeated again at 5:00 p.m. The orientations are valuable for first time attendee’s, however veterans are welcome to attend. (All delegates are encouraged to attend orientation due to appointment format change.)
22. Is there any education for planners? Planners are encouraged to attend the Monday afternoon seminar from 2:30 – 4:00 p.m. As noted above, the Planner Roundtable will be held Tuesday from 8:15 am – 9:30 am.