You have questions, we have answers! Below are some of the most frequently asked questions about Missouri Group Travel Exchange.
1. This is my first Missouri Group Travel Exchange. What do I need to know to be prepared? This is a relationship business and while the 76-minute appointments are important, be sure and take full advantage of the networking opportunities afforded to you. If there is a particular planner with whom you don’t have an appointment and wish and introduction please let Glenda Kerr know and one of the committee members will execute an introduction.
For your appointments, the best tool is a portfolio or notebook, which contains pictures of your destination or company, group rates and other vital information on your business. If you represent a hotel or restaurant, include pictures of nearby attractions to give the planner additional reasons to use your property.
Lastly, do your homework. Research all the planners to find out which ones are already coming to your business or destination so you can address them accordingly.
2. When should I arrive at the conference? Your arrival will be impacted by when your appointments are scheduled. Even if you are scheduled for Wednesday, we encourage you to arrive early to network and participate in Tuesday’s orientation, reception and dinner activities.
3. What should I wear? Business casual is appropriate conference attire.
4. May I bring my spouse/friend/companion/co-worker to a certain event? No. To maintain a positive planner to supplier ratio and allow for maximum networking, no guests, associate registrations or meal tickets are available. Meal function sponsors are allowed additional guests and those numbers are outlined on the sponsorship form.
5. I am a tour operator. May I register a delegate as a planner and another as a supplier? Yes, however the supplier may not attend scheduled planner only events, meal functions, or the city tour.
6. Did you get my registration? Each year, we email confirmations to all registered delegates when your registration is processed. This confirmation is your notification that your registration is received. Please note: Your registration will not be confirmed until you have paid in full.
7. How do I make a change? Email your changes to Cori Day at ExecutiveDirector@missouirtravel.com.
8. May I get a list of who is attending? A list of attendees will be provided approximately a week prior to the exchange along with your chart of appointments. A full printed attendees list with contact information will be included in your registration packet.
9. What may I distribute at my appointments and what is a profile form? Only a business card and single page, 2-sided, 3-hole punched profile sheet may be distributed during appointments. Gifts, brochures, etc. are not allowed and should be sent as follow-up.
10. What will the length of my appointments be? Each appointment is 7 minutes.
11. What is the appointment format? The format is a Round Robin / Speed Dating style format. Once registration has concluded, each delegate will be assigned a delegate identification number, and a chart will be created to maximize number of appointments.
12. When will I get my appointment schedule? You will be provided with the chart of scheduled Round Robin/Speed Dating appointments via email at least a week prior to the conference. A hard copy will also be in your registration packet.
All tourism industry suppliers will have pre-scheduled appointments via the Round Robin Speed Dating chart on either Wednesday or Thursday. Please note there is no guaranteed number of appointments. However, there are ample networking opportunities to meet with all planners.
13. How do I get a booth? Sponsors will have a tabletop during the Tuesday evening networking reception. A limited number of sponsorship opportunities are available. Not sure what sponsorship level is right for your organization? We can customize a sponsorship to align with your brand goals. Please contact Cori Day at ExecutiveDirector@missouirtravel.com for sponsorship opportunities and information.
14. Am I allowed to attend meal functions? Yes! All suppliers are invited to attend the Tuesday, April 19 evening networking reception, Tuesday evening dinner is dine around (on your own, this is a great opportunity to entertain a client for dinner), Wednesday, April 20 breakfast, lunch and dinner and Thursday, April 21 breakfast.
15. Is there an education session for Suppliers? Yes. There will be one orientation sessions held on Wednesday, April 20, 2022 at 9:00am. The orientations are valuable for first time attendees; however, veterans are welcome to attend as well.
Have additional questions? Contact Cori Day at ExecutiveDirector@missouirtravel.com.